Kristian Erdianto, Jakarta – Amnesty International Indonesia is calling in President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo’s pledge to fully investigate cases of alleged human rights violations that have taken place in Papua.
Documents containing the term 'Komnas HAM'


Budiarti Utami Putri, Jakarta -- The National Human Rights Commission (Komnas HAM) is reluctant to take part in the integrated team to investigate past gross human rights violations which is being touted by Coordinating Minister for Security, Politics and Legal Affairs (Menkopolhukam) Wiranto.

Dimas Jarot Bayu – The government plans to form an integrated team to resolve cases of past human rights violations. The team will be formed to dissect the various obstacles and find a solution to resolve the cases.

Christie Stefanie, Jakarta – Presidential Chief of Staff Moeldoko says that President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo is still serious about dealing with the problem of human rights in Papua.

Andhika Prasetia, Jakarta – The National Human Rights Commission (Komnas HAM) met with President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo today. During the meeting, Widodo asked for input related to the formation of a National Reconciliation Council (DKN) to resolve past human rights cases.

Tsarina Maharani, Jakarta – National Human Rights Commission (Komnas HAM) chairperson Ahmad Taufan Damanik hopes that past cases of gross human rights violations will be soon be investigated by the Attorney General’s Office (AGO).

Jakarta – Attorney General Muhammad Prasetyo is pessimistic about the chances of resolving past gross human rights violations through legal channels.

Ria Apriyani, May Rahmadi, Jakarta – Presidential spokesperson Johan Budi says that President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo had long wanted to meet the families of victims of past gross human rights violations.

Jakarta – Maria Catarina Sumarsih, the mother of Wawan, a victim of the Semanggi I student shootings, has demanded that President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo fulfill his promise to resolve past human rights cases and have the courage to end impunity.

Jerome Wirawan – The case of the alleged abduction of 1,300 people in Mimika, West Papua last year is apparently not over yet. This week, as many as three people were shot dead by the TNI (Indonesian military) in an incident that the TNI claims was a shootout with an armed group.

The People’s Liberation Party (PPR), a political organisation fighting for socialism in 21st century, calls for the release of environmental activist Muhammad Hisbun Payu and three others who arrested by police on March 4.

Hendra Friana – “I was handcuffed and forced into a vehicle, and all before being shown an arrest warrant”.
22-year-old Muhammad Hisbun Payu related this story to Tirto by phone from the Central Java police headquarters (Mapolda) on Monday March 5.

David Sobolim, Jayapura – Scores of students from Solidarity Against Forgetting the Student Shootings Case in Paniai Regency have held a march from the Waena hosing estate to the Imbi Park in Jayapura, West Papua.

Heyder Affan – A number of locations in the vicinity of Purwodadi, Central Java, have been confirmed as sites of mass grave, places where bodies were disposed of and sites where people accused of being members or sympathisers of the Indonesian Communist Party (PKI) were executed in the months after October 1965.

Bimo Wiwoho, Jakarta – The chairperson of the Institute for the Study of the 1965-1966 Massacres (YPKP 65), Bedjo Untung, claims that they have found 10 new mass grave sites containing the bodies of Indonesian Communist Party (PKI) sympathisers who were killed in 1965-1966.

Moh. Nadlir, Jakarta – The International People’s Tribunal on 1965 (IPT 65) says that the information revealed in 39 documents on the mass killings following the September 30 Movement (G30S) in 1965 held by the US is nothing new.

Dwi Andayani, Jakarta – The Indonesian Legal Aid Foundation (YLBHI) and the Jakarta Legal Aid Foundation (LBH) believe there is a link between yesterday evening’s attack on the their offices and President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo statement about “clobbering the PKI”. The remark is seen as prone to misuse.

Dwi Andayani, Noval Dwinuary Antoni, Jakarta – Indonesian Legal Aid Foundation (YLBHI) advocacy head Muhammad Isnur says that retired Major General Kivlan Zen and Presidium 313 member Rahmat Himran were behind the attack on the LBH Jakarta offices yesterday evening.

Selamat Saragih – Hundreds of activists who disagree with the banned Indonesian Communist Party (PKI) issue being raised again have taken part in a wave of protests at the Indonesian Legal Aid Foundation (YLBHI) offices on Jl. Diponegoro in Central Jakarta.

Budiarti Utami Putri, Jakarta – Human rights activist Sri Lestari Wahyoeningroem believes that the Army (TNI AD) is overly worried hence its plan to hold joint screenings of the film Pengkhianatan G30S-PKI on September 30.